Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pioneer Day

We had a nice Pioneer Day weekend.  On Friday, we went to our friends' house to watch the Bountiful city fireworks.  They don't live very far from the park where they do the fireworks, and their front yard has a perfect view.  Garrett played tug-of-war with the kids, and then they all slid down the huge hill in the front yard on paper plates.  Garrett had a blast, of course.  Our friends are kind enough to invite us every year, and we always have a great time.  And the fireworks this year were the best I've ever seen.

Saturday, we went to my parents' house and did a few small fireworks.  I'm not a big fan of home fireworks, because I'm paranoid that they are going to go out of control and catch us on fire, but I can handle the little ones.  I can handle the pop-its, and Garrett loved those.  They were his favorite part of the evening. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment