Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Day of Preschool!

My baby boy started preschool today.  I can't believe he's so big already.  I didn't put him in preschool last year because I started looking for one too late, so this is his first year of school.  At first he didn't want to go to preschool at all, but we checked it out before we applied, and he really liked the teacher and the classroom.  Even with that, he had been saying lately that he didn't want to go to school, so I was worried about how it would be when we dropped him off.

Luckily, Garrett's friend Jacob is in the same class, and we arrived at preschool the same time that Jacob did.  Garrett gave us a hug and a wave, walked over to Jake, and they walked right in together.  I was expecting some clinging and crying, so it was a nice surprise.  I didn't even cry, which was also a nice surprise.  And when we went back to pick Garrett up, he didn't want to leave.  He's growing up!









No comments:

Post a Comment