Sunday, September 27, 2009

Garrett's 4th Birthday Party

This year I was a little late planning Garrett's birthday party.  We had decided to have it somewhere other than home since past years we have been crammed into our house and my mom's house.  By the time I actually started calling around, most places were booked.  We did find out that we could use the workshop room at Discovery Gateway and conduct the party ourselves without a staff member hosting the party, and that was fine with us, so we went with that.

We had to rush to get the cake and food ordered, and everything done.  My friend Freda and her daughter Madelyn drove down from Hooper and helped my mom and me make the party favors.  Freda gave me the idea to make papier-mâché holders to put party favors items in, and they turned out really cute even though they were a lot of work.

Discovery told me that the workshop room was a little bare, so to bring lots of balloons.  We ordered tons of balloons, and blew up lots of balloons to scatter around on the floor.

We had the party on Saturday, and most of our friends were able to come.  We were really glad we had the loose balloons around, because Garrett and all the kids had tons of fun chasing each other and hitting each other with the balloons.

Garrett had a moment after only a few guests arrived when he got really upset and pouty because he wanted to open his presents right away, but he got over it and really enjoyed the party.  He had a lot of fun playing at the museum afterward too.

We were very grateful that so many of our friends could make it on such short notice, and glad that it turned out to be a lot of fun.  I'm also very grateful for my parents.  They always help us so much with everything, and they did a lot of work for the party.  Now we don't have to worry about his birthday party until next year!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment